Cato Plank XL - The Cato Plank with the optional Cato Tilt Stand is a great tool for a variety of training and development applications. When used as a platform, the 12x36" size works great for clean fronts, crisp downs, etc.
The Cato Plank is also designed to be used with the optional Cato Tilt Stand. The Cato Tilt Stand can be used to turn the Cato Plank into a multi-height teeter that has settings for 2", 5", and 10" of travel. These height gradations mean that even the timidest of dogs can learn to enjoy making the teeter move.
The Cato Tilt Stand can also be used to turn the Cato Plank into an incline board. The steepness of the incline can be adjusted using the settings on the Cato Tilt Stand, or for a steeper incline, the Cato Tilt Stand can be placed on additional Cato Planks/Boards.
Made in USA
Special bulk order discount for trainers. Contact us!
Click here for Cato Customisation Add-on.
- High-traction surface - Safe and comfortable for dogs
- Incredibly durable - will not crack or chip
- NO TIP design - even the most rambunctious dogs won't cause the Cato Board to flip up on its side.
- Non-absorbent - Molded design with integrated water drainage built into the surface for easy rinse down
- Stackable - For easy transportation and storage. Also great for height variation.
- Rectangular shape - Passively assist with positioning
- Ultra-stable on uneven terrain
- No parts to assemble/disassemble
- Airflow underneath to reduce damage to grass when training outdoors
- High-grip rubber feet for hard surfaces - WILL NOT slide on wood, linoleum, tile, concrete, or other smooth surfaces
Should I choose Rubber or Turf
Reasons to buy RUBBER:
Rubber is easier to keep clean, has excellent traction, and is slightly more durable than turf.
Reasons NOT to buy RUBBER:
It absorbs heat, and if left in direct sunlight on a warm day, it might get too hot for your dog. This is avoidable by keeping it in the shade, flipping it over when not in use, or dousing it with cold water.
Reasons to buy TURF:
Our turf has a light-colored backing on it, so it does a much better job than the rubber of staying cool in direct sunlight. It can still get hot eventually, but it will take a lot longer. Some trainers also prefer their dogs to feel turf under their feet when they're on a platform.
Reasons NOT to buy TURF:
The turf will collect hair and dirt much more easily than the rubber surface (especially if you have a long-haired dog). It also doesn't have quite as good of traction as the rubber and isn't quite as durable.
Lastly, consider the surface you are using your Cato on. A contrasting surface material (against the floor) will give your dog a clearer boundary.
Which colour to choose?
Plank: 9.6lbs / 4.35kg
Tilt Stand: 2lbs / 0.9kg
12" wide x 36" long x 3.5" high / 30.5cm x 91.5cm x 9cm